At Bluugo we specialize in digitalizing products and services and turn our customers’ data into new business opportunities. We’re now looking to grow our team by hiring a creative and curious data scientist.
At Bluugo we specialize in digitalizing products and services and turn our customers’ data into new business opportunities. We’re now looking to grow our team by hiring a creative and curious data scientist. In this role, you will solve real-life customer machine learning problems as part of our machine learning team. You’ll work closely with our customers to frame their business question, gather and collect relevant data, and build machine learning models. You will also work closely with our engineers to bring your models to life. There are a variety of cases to solve and you may work on computer vision to recognize objects and monitor tasks or on predictive maintenance, anomaly detection, and the prediction and optimization of inventory and tasks, depending on the customer need. You will be part of an energetic and tight knit team where you really get to make a difference and see the results of your work.
What we are looking for…
- An understanding of machine learning foundations and experience applying machine learning to projects through study, work, or leisure interest
- Experience using Python for machine learning projects, but we are always interested to use the best available tools. If you’re not already familiar with Python you should be eager to transfer your knowledge from other languages such as R
- A person who’s comfortable working in a team and isn’t afraid to bring out his or her opinions
- An interest in keeping up to date with the latest trends in the field to support our fast and innovative working environment
- Work experience is seen as an advantage but mostly we appreciate good attitude and the desire to develop yourself in the field of machine learning and Internet of things platforms
- Good communication skills and fluent written and spoken English. We are an international company and you don’t need to be able to speak Finnish. We value the ability to work hands-on with clients to understand their business questions and communicate your work.
You can expect from us…
- A variety of interesting projects to work on from day one and a chance to affect their direction.
- Motivated and supportive colleagues who will provide you the best modern tools to work with.
- A great team and culture, you’ll work alongside exceptionally nice and talented people with years of consulting experience. We will support your professional development and make your work enjoyable.
- Talented engineers that will help you to build production ready data pipelines and rapidly put your models into production in the Tracking Cloud
- An opportunity for learning and development in the field of machine learning
Bluugo delivers the Tracking Cloud™ platform that makes data accessible anywhere via the cloud. The platform gathers a digital record of vehicles, spare parts, equipment, machinery and shelving space and delivers the information in real-time directly to the people that need it. Our vision is to enhance our platform with machine learning models to improve the decision making and the tracking of assets and tasks. Our customers include Andritz AG, Bufab AB, Europress, Fortum, Norilsk Nickel, Swissport and Volvo CE.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? Tell us more about yourself by sending your CV, a note on your relevant experience and why you are interested and salary request to email@example.com by Friday 4th January 2019. We will start interviewing candidates during the application process, so we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.